New Chance for Translation Teams
Mechtilde
2018-11-27 12:27:48 UTC
Hello,

in the last month I was working on an update for the translation
process. For a few languages it works fine. At this time it is a more
manual process than an automatic one. I will improve it to be more
automatic.

Every team who want to improve their translation can write it here. Then
I will extract the previous translation from pootle, merge
them with the actual code base and put them back to pootle.

I put first builds as RPMS for en-US, de and it at
https://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild .

There are als builds for ar, kab, ro and uk.

Now I will work at adding the new *.sdf file to repo and then back to
pootle.
--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899 39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F
Mechtilde
2018-12-02 09:33:18 UTC
Hello,
Post by Mechtilde
Hello,
in the last month I was working on an update for the translation
process. For a few languages it works fine. At this time it is a more
manual process than an automatic one. I will improve it to be more
automatic.
Every team who want to improve their translation can write it here. Then
I will extract the previous translation from pootle, merge
them with the actual code base and put them back to pootle.
I put first builds as RPMS for en-US, de and it at
https://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild .
There are als builds for ar, kab, ro and uk.
Now there are more packages available: he, nl, pl and pt
Post by Mechtilde
Now I will work at adding the new *.sdf file to repo and then back to
pootle.
I'm waiting of Infra for shell access to Pootle Server.

Kind regards
--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Freie Office Suite fÃŒr Linux, MacOSX, Windows
## Debian Developer
## Loook, calender-exchange-provider, libreoffice-canzeley-client
Pedro Lino
2018-12-02 10:03:22 UTC
Post by Mechtilde
Now there are more packages available: he, nl, pl and pt
As I mentioned before in the dev mailing list I am available to help with the PT version.
What needs to be done and where do I start? (I have experience with Pootle and poedit)

Regards,
Pedro
Mechtilde
2018-12-02 11:23:20 UTC
Hello Pedro

I provides the recent po files under
/home/mechtilde/public_html/POFiles/newPO_PT

there is a statistic file under /home/mechtilde/public_html/Statistic too.

The extension is the language code. the statistic files a csv files.
Post by Pedro Lino
Post by Mechtilde
Now there are more packages available: he, nl, pl and pt
As I mentioned before in the dev mailing list I am available to help with the PT version.
What needs to be done and where do I start? (I have experience with Pootle and poedit)
you can use poedit to translate and then provide the new *.po files. I
will then integrate them to the code back.
Post by Pedro Lino
Regards,
Pedro
Regards
Mechtilde
2018-12-02 15:27:38 UTC
Hello Pedro,
hello Dick.

now I can prepare pootle for translation.

If you are alreadydoing translation work with the po filesyou can send
them to me. I will integrate them into pootle too.

This can take two hours or so.

I will send a second mail when I'm ready.

Regards

Mechtilde
Mechtilde
2018-12-07 18:54:21 UTC
Hello,

now a big step is done.

- we have a current status for the UI translation in pootle.

- we will get it for Help translation as soon as possible.

- we had recent builds at
https://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html for 4.2-dev

- we had some more linux builds at
http://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild/ and win builds at
http://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/

If anyone miss a language build or an update in SVN please tell us. We
will prepare it.

Kind regards

Mechtilde
Post by Mechtilde
[...]
## Loook, tbsync, libreoffice-canzeley-client