Access to Pootle
Mechtilde
2018-11-05 10:11:31 UTC
Hello,

for doing some Improvments to translations I started with a login to
https://translate.apache.org.

then I choose "Reset my password" with the apache E-Mail adress and with
my normal E-Mail adress. With both adresses I get the message, "this
E-Mail adress isn't asigned to a user account.

Can someon help me?

Kind regards
--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899 39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F
Keith N. McKenna
2018-11-05 15:29:18 UTC
Post by Mechtilde
Hello,
for doing some Improvments to translations I started with a login to
https://translate.apache.org.
then I choose "Reset my password" with the apache E-Mail adress and with
my normal E-Mail adress. With both adresses I get the message, "this
E-Mail adress isn't asigned to a user account.
Can someon help me?
Kind regards
Mechtilde;

I just checked the user list on the pootle server and indeed there was
no e-mail address associated with your account. I added your @apache.org
e-mail address to the account. This should allow you to log in with your
committer credentials. If you still have problems please reply back to
the list and we can investigate further.

Regards
Keith McKenna
Andrea Pescetti
2018-11-05 17:40:31 UTC
Post by Keith N. McKenna
I just checked the user list on the pootle server and indeed there was
e-mail address to the account. This should allow you to log in with your
committer credentials. If you still have problems please reply back to
the list and we can investigate further.
I think (but it is good that you tried, so we can check) that
@apache.org accounts need not be added to Pootle. Pootle should query
the local database first and fallback to LDAP (the common @apache.org
authentication) otherwise. So anyone with a @apache.org account should
be able to login without explicit creation of an account. If this still
works, then when creating a local account it's best to avoid @apache.org
e-mail addresses in order to prevent possible conflicts.

Regards,
Andrea.

Mechtilde
2018-11-05 18:16:35 UTC
Hello,

thank you for your action

Kind regards

Mechtilde
Keith N. McKenna
2018-11-05 19:47:55 UTC
Post by Andrea Pescetti
Post by Keith N. McKenna
I just checked the user list on the pootle server and indeed there was
e-mail address to the account. This should allow you to log in with your
committer credentials. If you still have problems please reply back to
the list and we can investigate further.
I think (but it is good that you tried, so we can check) that
@apache.org accounts need not be added to Pootle. Pootle should query
be able to login without explicit creation of an account. If this still
e-mail addresses in order to prevent possible conflicts.
Regards,
  Andrea.
Andrea;

Thank you for the guidance. As always it is much appreciated.

Regards
Keith

Andrea Pescetti
2018-11-05 17:13:37 UTC
Post by Mechtilde
for doing some Improvments to translations I started with a login to
https://translate.apache.org.
then I choose "Reset my password" with the apache E-Mail adress and with
my normal E-Mail adress. With both adresses I get the message, "this
E-Mail adress isn't asigned to a user account.
Hi Mechtilde, first check your password at http://id.apache.org/ (just
to be sure that your Apache account is OK).

Then you should be able to login on Pootle, without a password reset, by
using your Apache username (with or without @apache.org) and your
existing Apache password.

Regards,
Andrea.